Sunday, February 7, 2010

Episode 7

Today's Suggested Topics: Crying, a Dive Bar, and a safety belt

"Hello?"

"Qorviq? Is that really you?"

"Linda?"

His mind started to race. How the hell did she get my number and why the hell was she calling him. And right now of all times!? Really??

"Look, Linda... now's really not a good time, I mean, I don't even know what to..."

"Qorviq, please. I need to see you. I know it has been years since that night, but with Larry and I back in town I have to see you before we just happen to run into each other. And Qorviq, I have something to tell you..."

Oh Christ. He could only imagine what that might be.

"Linda, I would, honestly, but I really can't talk right now. Let me call you back, or something? Please?"

"I understand. I just... its just that..."

Qorviq could hear her start to softly sob on the other end of the phone

"Linda please don't cry.


"Please? Look, I have something I need to take care of... but meet me at the Ice Hole at 10pm."


As he said the words, he knew this was a bad idea. But he also knew the probability of him getting thrown out of the house once he delivered today's news to Arn was extremely high, so he'd probably be ending up there anyway.

"Thank you Qorviq. Thank you. I will see you then..."

As he hung up the phone and used his right flipper to unbuckle his safety belt, he knew this was going to be one hell of a night...

THE SUSPENSE CONTINUES TO BUILD TO UNMEASURABLE LEVELS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment